Web Design & Maintenance
Russ Harvey custom designs websites and blogs to provide you, your business or your organization with an effective on-line presence.
Russ clears the confusion and responds quickly when the required information is given to him. His suggestions and implementation of the e-commerce portion of the CAA National website was outstanding.
— Deborah Ranchuk, White Mountain Publications & past CAA Treasurer
These are just some of the web services offered:
- Custom website design & maintenance.
- Co-branded blog setup.
- Links to your social media sites.
- Site content & writing services.
- Search engine registration/optimization (SEO).
- Scanning & custom graphics.
- Domain name searches & registration.
- Recommended hosting services.
In addition, I maintain a network of artists, photographers and other creative professionals that can assist you with marketing your ideas and products.
Understanding the Process
To fully understand what web design is, you have to go back through the history of the web.
I was involved in the early stages of web design when it was much simpler (and expectations weren't as high) but the technology struggled between the traditional separation of applications and the need for the web to be an open platform.
We Need to Design for People
To understand a bit of that history and its challenges, have a look at the Vimeo video, Jeffrey Zeldman: 20 years of Web Design and Community.
My Design Process
These pages will help you to understand the process of developing a website that can satisfy both your needs and the demands of the technology available to the people that will be viewing your site:
- My design philosophy — how I design.
- Design considerations — factors in choosing a design.
- Project Criteria — determining what you want.
- Get a Quote — get a free estimate.
- My portfolio — example sites.
My Design Portfolio
My Portfolio showcases several of my projects (I've built over a hundred sites and blogs over the years). All my sites are:
- Hand-coded to load quickly.
- Standards-compliant to work with all browsers and devices.
- Built to be accessible to all users.
- Designed for easy site navigation.
- Easy to maintain.
Ready to get started? Contact Russ about developing a custom solution that works for you, your business or organization.
Updated: September 16, 2014