Web Design & Maintenance
Russ Harvey designs custom websites and blogs to provide you, your business or your organization with an effective on-line presence.
These are just some of the web services offered:
- Custom website design & maintenance.
- Blog setup (whether an independent blog or one to compliment your website).
- Connections to social media.
- Site content & writing services.
- Search engine registration/optimization (SEO).
- Scanning & custom graphics.
- Domain name searches & registration.
- Hosting services setup & maintenance.
In addition, a network of artists, photographers and other creative professionals can assist you with marketing your ideas and products.
Design is a Creative Process
Designing a site is a creative process that evolves into the finished product.
Together, we need to develop the overall plan for your website so that it best represents you, your business or organization and achieves your goals for the site.
There are several aspects to this:
- A distinctive look to the site that will set you apart yet retain your identity.
- A compatible look and feel to your other promotional material including business cards and letterhead. We may decide that these materials need updating during the design assessment process.
- A plan that includes goals, approval authority, testing and launch strategy as well as how to incorporate site maintenance and future updates.
- A review your future plans so that the site design can accommodate planned or anticipated changes.
Communication is key to working well together. Remember, the goal is to develop a site that works best for you using the technology that is most effective.
Russ clears the confusion and responds quickly when the required information is given to him. His suggestions and implementation of the e-commerce portion of the CAA National website was outstanding.
— Deborah Ranchuk, White Mountain Publications & past CAA Treasurer
Let's look at the process so we can begin working together to produce the site that expresses your goals using the appropriate technology that delivers those results and stays within your budget.
The suggestions in this section show how you can convey your ideas in a manner we can both relate to. It is important that we both understand this is a dialogue and that each of us brings expertise to the conversation:
- You know yourself, your company or organization better than I do, but I may have suggestions that open up new possibilities.
- I know the technology of web design and understand more about the requirements, but you may have ideas you've seen elsewhere that we can explore.
The following pages will help you to understand the process of developing a website that can satisfy both your requirements and the demands of the technology available to the people that will be viewing your site:
- My design philosophy — why I design as I do.
- Design considerations — technical factors to consider.
- Project criteria — determining what you want.
- Get a quote — get a free estimate.
These links appear on each page so you can more easily navigate the pages in this section.
There is a special page devoted to the discussion of user-maintained sites. This isn't part of the main discussion but provides insight to the benefits and limitations of CMS-based sites when dealing with site maintenance.
My Design Portfolio
My Portfolio showcases several of my projects. I've built over a hundred sites and blogs over the years, only a few of which are listed. Newer and recently-revised sites are now mobile-friendly. All my sites are:
- Hand-coded to load quickly.
- Standards-compliant to work with all browsers and devices.
- Built to be accessible to all users.
- Designed for easy site navigation.
- Easy to maintain.
Now that we've looked at the overview of the process, read about my design philosophy (why I design as I do) so that we can be sure you're comfortable with my approach to designing a site.
Questions? Contact Russ about developing a custom solution that works for you, your business or organization.
Updated: August 31, 2015