Internet and Communications
- Firefox version 45.9.0.
- Warpzilla—Mozilla for OS/2 is now archived and probably too old to be useful.
- Warpzilla Wiki.
- Hobbes contains a listing of OS/2 Web browsers.
- Innoval PostRoad Mailer (OS/2 native). Innoval's OS/2 software has been discontinued, but their mail and web utilities are available at no charge. You will need the license code "31571728" posted there to unlock PostRoad Mailer 3.
- PMMail/2 (PMMail for OS/2). VOICE has purchased both the source code and all the rights to PMMail/2. You must be a VOICE member to get a registration code.
- MR/2 ICE - Internet Cruiser Edition for OS/2.
- Hobbes contains a listing of OS/2 e-mail programs.
- InJoy Firewall is a complete Internet gateway and firewall security system in one.
- Hilgraeve KopyKat, HyperACCESS Pro for OS/2 with HyperHost and HyperACCESS/5. (OS/2 products are available upon request. There is no support provided for these products.)
Java is Native to OS/2. OS/2 Warp 4 was the first commercial operating system that natively incorporated Java—that is, OS/2 didn't require a browser or other program to interface between a Java program and the operating system.
- DZone has extensive links to Java sites and applications.
- Russ Harvey Consulting Services Java Resources has other links to Java information sites, programs and Java Virtual Machines for various operating systems.
Productivity and Office Applications
- OpenOffice.org 2.4 GA released.
- Lotus SmartSuite for OS/2 Warp 4.
- Sundial Systems Relish, Mesa, Clearlook, DBExpert.
Adobe Reader for OS/2
Some information downloads, particularly for eComStation, require that you have Adobe Reader installed and are marked with (PDF).
- Adobe® Reader® 3 for OS/2: Search for aro2e30.exe on Hobbes.
- Adobe® Reader® 3 for OS/2 is no longer available on the Adobe site.
- PMView 2000 is an excellent graphics browser and image converter. Cost is US$49.95 which includes all version 2 upgrades.
- PMJPEG (shareware — $20).
- Hobbes contains an aging list of OS/2 graphics apps and support programs. Perhaps the more interesting are those currently being ported to OS/2.
- Dennis Bareis has a bunch of freeware utilities that include REXX compilers, archive tools, pre-processors, patches and too much to list here.
- Trevor Hemsley's Time Tracker allows you to track your time on various projects or by client. This is email-ware — no charge for individual use (not corporate use). You need to e-mail for a registration code within 30 days (see the readme.txt in the downloaded zip file).
- Power Quest Partition Magic (V.3 includes OS/2 , DOS, Windows 3.1x, Windows 95, and Windows NT support) and DriveCopy. You need to use a DOS partition or boot from diskettes to use more recent versions. Partition Magic is now owned by Symantec.
- DragText v3.3 basic features are free but the extended features are shareware and available for only 6 weeks. By registering DragText you encourage the author to improve this program.
- Stardock produced a number of excellent OS/2 games at one time.
- The OS/2 Games List.
- Wikipedia List of OS/2 games.
- OS/2 Games Setting Archive.
- Greg Boyko's OS/2 Petition Page gives you a chance to ask for OS/2 native versions of the current Windows 95 applications that you'd like to own. If you can't find an OS/2 program to do what you want, sign Greg's petition and e-mail the vendor requesting the OS/2 version. If enough of us request and buy ported products with current features other vendors will respond in kind.
- The XFree86 Project includes the free and optimized X11R6 implementation to OS/2 - an entire window management environment that usually runs in Unix and Linux environments. This page references version 4.3.0 but doesn't directly report on OS/2. Major OS/2 support updates are noted in the OS support update section.
- Odin is a Windows 32-bit API library which is comparable with WINE on Linux. It allows you to run 32-bit Windows programs on OS/2 and eComStation. PE2LX converts binaries (EXE and DLL files) but on-the-fly conversion (via PE.EXE loader) is much more powerful.
- WarpIN is intended to become the new general-purpose installer for OS/2 to overcome the current lack of a both flexible and user-friendly installer. Alternative WarpIN site.
- eComStation resellers.
- Finnegan Software, Inc. (Toronto, Canada).
- J3 Computer Technologies.
- Mensys Belgium.
- M.I.T. OS/2 list of OS/2 software vendors.
Shareware & Freeware Archives
- Hobbes OS/2 Archive. This is one of the most comprehensive sites for downloading software.
- BMT Micro is a front-end for developers of shareware utilities and Internet software and a place where you can register or purchase these products with your credit card.
- Norloff's OS/2 Shareware BBS straddles the old BBS world and the newer Internet world. An excellent site.
Other OS/2 Software Lists
- eCSoft/2 the complete OS/2 software encyclopedia.
- Martin Kiewitz eComStation -APeCS has information about a lot of software for eCS.
- SoftWhere!? should find any OS/2 apps missing from this directory.