Writing, Editing & Desktop Publishing
I can assist you in preparing content written materials and copy for publication or web promotion. I offer writing and editing services, including:
- Short content for publications.
- Editing and proofreading.
- Copywriting for your website or blog.
- Other promotional materials.
Additionally, I have access to a network of other professionals that have additional skillsets.
to discuss my services!
Are you seeking a new look for your company or organization? I can provide a professional look to your organization, including:
- A unified plan for your brochure, letterhead and business card.
- A fresh layout for your company newsletter.
- A distinctive logo for a great first impression.
- Posters, flyers or tickets for your special events.
- Everything from the creation of the document master to the finished product.
I can teach you or your employees the skills you need to edit or maintain these resources.
I can transform documents, reports, and other publications into an optimized PDF format to make them easier to share with others or to set your office up to enable you to do the same.
PDF format embeds the fonts and layout into the document and doesn't require the reader to have specialized software.
PDF Allow Easy Updates of Key Material
PDF documents are a great solution for replacing frequently changing website content like newsletters and pricing sheets.
By using generic file names you can overwrite earlier versions of PDFs with updated documents containing current information.
PDF Software Not Required
Current web browsers will display PDFs. Modern browsers now support advanced features such as fillable forms or internal navigation.
PDFs are ideal for documents that need to be filled out and printed such as application forms.
Professional PDF Software
While recent versions of most word processors can produce PDFs, they tend to be larger because the compression isn't as effective as it is with dedicated PDF software.
It is also important to know other basic steps that can reduce the size of PDF documents.
- Reduce the size of any images (graphics) before inserting them into your document.
- Stick to two or three fonts (each one needs to be embedded).
- Consider how content can be condensed and still be interesting.
- Use a professional PDF editor where possible.