Site Contact Policies
Suggesting Links and Resources
Please read these policies completely before contacting me.
No Third-party Content
I don't accept:
- sponsored links;
- guest posts; or
- similar third-party content.
Requests contrary to these policies are ignored.
I respond to link requests only if I'm interested and have time. Please, no “follow-up” emails. My decision is final.
About This Site
This site is owned and maintained by Russ Harvey.
It is not a blog and third-party content is not accepted.
It consists of a curated collection of informational pages written and edited by Russ Harvey, backed by external references (links).
- Content is updated as needed and as time permits.
- External links are intended to enhance MY content.
- Content is aimed at Canadian audiences.
- Links may be edited or removed without notice.
- My decision is final.
I do not include any link that I deem unsuitable, redundant or irrelevant.
Support This Site
There are nearly 100 pages of FREE resources provided on this site.
Linking to this Site
If you find a page on this site worth linking to, please do so.
Most pages enable you to link directly to the relevant sections within a page.
Content Protected by Copyright
The information on this site, including all images and text are protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
You may NOT copy information for use on your site. Use of any material elsewhere requires express written permission and is seldom provided.
- Short quotations clearly attributed to me and including a link back to the specific page containing the content are permitted.
- You may NOT use nor directly link to the images, PDFs, etc. hosted on this site. Instead, link to the page or specific section of a page that references them.
I cannot provide permission to use external resources that I've either quoted or obtained permission to use. You must obtain the owner's permission directly.
Submitting Link Suggestions
You can submit link suggestions. However, please review these guidelines to determine if your request is reasonable according to my requirements and standards.
Link Suggestions Must Be Relevant
Link suggestions must be relevant to the specific page's subject content and intended audience. View the existing content on this site to determine if your suggested resource fits in.
- I do not entertain guest posts or commentary anywhere.
- Links are intended to be illustrative rather than exhaustive.
- Unless your site provides unique content that is directly relevant to my audience, I am unlikely to link to it.
- I rarely respond to link requests.
Not all sites are eligible for linking. The following are some examples.
No Professional Services
I don't link to sites offering services that compete with Russ Harvey Consulting. Exceptions are rare.
Sponsored Sites Unwelcome
Sites I consider a conflict of interest will not be added, including:
- industry-sponsored information portals;
- “infomercials” by legal firms or those with similar agendas; and
- vanity presses.
Canadian Laws and Medical Systems Different
Canadian medical and legal systems differ significantly from those in the United States and elsewhere.
While I may link to non-Canadian sites with general information useful to Canadians, I am unlikely to link to a site that solicits legal clients or provides advice contrary to Canadian law.
SEO Submissions Unwelcome
Rarely do your SEO-enhancing requests fit my site goals.
If the suggested content is unrelated to your site's purpose, my assumption is that content is there for SEO purposes.
Too many use such postings to draw links to their site, then redirect content to their home page when external links are established.
Similarly, if I see a link redirected to another unrelated site, I will delete the link.
Consulting Services Pages
The Russ Harvey Consulting Computer & Internet Services site contains the pages that detail services provided by Russ Harvey Consulting.
I do not welcome link suggestions of any kind in that section.
The Self-help Resources contains documentation, troubleshooting hints, advice and suggestions supported by relevant external links on a variety of operating systems, hardware and services.
Submitting a Link Suggestion
If you believe your page truly compliments information on this site, is not an advertising portal and doesn't conflict with my services, you may submit it for consideration.
- Links will be added at my discretion and as time permits.
- Descriptions may be edited for content and length.
- Links may be removed without notice.
My decision is final (there are no other decision-makers).
The content of your submission must comply with the following requirements:
- Your site must be relevant to this site's content.
- Links must be relevant to Canadian viewers, particularly those in Greater Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
- Links must not be time-sensitive (only static links are added).
- I do not entertain “link exchanges.”
- I do not invite “guest posts” (this is neither a blog nor do I use third-party content).
There are other reasons your site may not be included. My decision is final.
Submitting a Relevant Submissions
Be sure to review the information on this policy page. Don't waste my time or yours.
Don't Spam Me
Valid submissions can be submitted via email to with the following information:
- Your name and email (optionally, your local Victoria phone number).
- The website address you are submitting.
- A short description of your site.
- Why you think it is relevant to my site.
I Rarely Respond
I rarely respond to link requests. Wasting my time with a follow-up emails is NOT appreciated.