Factors Affecting Price
Questions About Pricing?
I'm assuming that you've read through the other pages and are familiar with my philosophy and approach to design.
You have questions about pricing.
Each Site Unique
Each site design is unique, both in its requirements and complexities and that can affect both the recommended site design as well as the cost.
Based upon the information you provide, I will establish a price to create an original design based on your specifications.
Initial Design a Big Factor
Since I don't use cookie-cutter templates, most of the work (and cost) of a site is in the initial design.
Sites that provide theme-based ready-to-go sites generally charge a perpetual monthly fee for the design and limit the customizations that are possible.
Keep this in mind as you set out your requirements. It is easier to change something early in the design process than when the site is nearer to completion.
We're Engaging in a Dialogue
Remember, this is a dialogue. We want to develop something that incorporates your requirements, remains within your budget and uses the appropriate technology to make it available to your target audience.
Each project has its own needs and complexities. Pricing is dependent upon how complex the project is to complete, how much finished material is provided by you and similar factors.
In the preliminary meeting we can determine a suitable price for the work to be done.
These are some of the factors that generally determine the base cost of designing a site:
- The number of pages on your site.
- How much formatting of the text is necessary.
- The number of images/photos on the site.
- Whether I need to create, alter or scan your artwork.
- The addition of infographics or similar material.
- The addition of multimedia (audio or video).
- The complexity of the page layout.
- What auxiliary pages are necessary for the site integration, navigation and legal requirements.
- The need for a shopping cart on the site (each item needs to be fully integrated and this takes time to implement into the site and the site's database).
- Whether there are distinct groupings or areas on the site with different layouts.
- The setup of databases or interactive forms.
- Embedded YouTube and other video or audio content.
The more you can tell me about your requirements, budget and available resources, the easier it is to provide an accurate quote.